SpringSpot is offering a Wellness Summer Camp just for Kids! Each week has a dedicated theme and kids will engage in fitness, science, reading and writing, art and social emotional learning throughout the week.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 12noon via Zoom. Afternoon offline activities will also be available.
Students: Classes will be real time and interactive online experiences designed for students entering K - 3rd grade working independently or with parent participation for kids entering PreK to grade 1.
Teachers: Teachers are experienced educators and some have backgrounds in mental health as well. Curriculum is developed by a professional educator with a background in designing curriculum for student wellbeing and has expertise in distance learning. Kids will love learning and have fun!
Materials: Online materials will be hosted and available at http://www.springspot.co. The Sunday before camp starts, parents will receive printouts for the upcoming week. Kids will have printed materials that they can have throughout the week of camp.
Bonus: While your child is enrolled in the SpringSpot Summer Camp, parents will also have unlimited access to all the SpringSpot Fitness and Mindfulness On Demand Content for Adults and Kids.
Weekly Themes Overview
1) June 22 - 26 | Backyard Explorers - Kids get to question, discover and explore to learn more about the living things in their own backyard. Plus get some vitamin D by going outside with fresh air while doing fitness, science, and reading and writing!
2) June 29 - July 3 | Builders and Creators - This one will be more Minecraft and building theme based, where kids will create a project by the end of the week while also incorporating movement, art, and social emotional learning.
3) July 6 - July 10 | Global Citizens - Kids will virtually travel to different parts of the world and learn about different cultures and languages, while also learning to express themselves through movement and have a virtual passport by the end.
4) July 13 - July 17 | Underwater Explorers - Kids will virtually go under the sea, learn about marine life, and learn about habitats, while also doing fitness, reading, and social emotional learning.
Sign Up atleast 48 hours before the start of camp.
Some materials kids will need:
- Writing and Drawing tools - e.g. crayons, markers, pencils
- Printer and Plain Paper - ability to print printouts for camp each week
- Yoga mat - each child should have their own yoga mat, or a towel on a soft surface
- Water bottle - have one close by that they can drink from
- Zoom-compatible device - iPad, laptop or mobile phone to watch live stream and camera if want to engage with instructor
- Zoom app on device - iPhone , Android, or Computer.
Parents can also sign up for our Live Online Fitness and Mindfulness Classes.
Sign up for both with an Adult+Kid Combo.
Camp - Week 1: Backyard Explorers (Jun 22 - Jun 26)
Camp reservations may be cancelled or changed no later than two weeks prior to camp start date. A $35 per session processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds will be made fewer than two weeks prior to the camp start date.